Credit: Kathryn Hawkins; Photography: Stuart MacGregor
Here’s the perfect recipe fit for a Queen!
Preparation time: 50min, plus chilling and cooling
Cooking time: 8min
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Fan Oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Line 3 large baking trays with baking parchment. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Stir in the egg yolk.
- Gradually sift the flour and ginger on top, beating well after each addition, to form a soft, crumbly mixture.
- Bring the mixture together with your hands and then gently knead the dough on a lightly floured work surface until smooth and firm. Wrap and chill for 30min.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out thinly to about 3mm thick. Using a 15cm corgi shaped cutter template, stamp out 15 shapes, re-rolling the dough as necessary.
- Arrange on the baking trays and bake for 7-8min until lightly golden and just firm. Allow to cool for 10min before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with the icing tubes and pearls and serve.