Have you missed the must-see summer show? Well here at My Weekly we’ve been loving it and are more than happy to fill you in on the show on the day of the final!
When is the final?
Tonight! ITV2 will show the live final at 9PM and will be longer than the usual hour-long episodes. Lasting 95 minutes, tonight’s show will be the longest of the series.
Who Presents The Show?
The gorgeous Caroline Flack has presented all four series of the hit show! The Strictly Come Dancing Champion only appears in the show when announcing a ‘Dumping’ from the island, as well as presenting the sister-show ‘Love Island: Aftersun’. Scottish comedian Iain Strling does the voiceover for the show, making hilarious comments at the expense of himself, the contestants and much more.
How does it work?
Contestants have eight weeks to find love, or risk being dumped from the luxury villa. Those most at risk of being dumped are normally those not in ‘couples’, with ‘recouplings’ happening every week roughly. ‘Recouplings’ give the contestants a chance to switch partners, and never go by without a fair bit of drama. The couples are regularly tested by the show through a series of challenges and bombshell new contestants.
Who is Still Left in The Villa?
The villa has played host to 38 islanders, and only eight remain. Dani Dyer, daughter of EastEnders actor Danny Dyer, and Jack Fincham have been coupled up since day one and are the favourites to win tonight. Nuclear Systems Engineer Wes Nelson and Model Megan Barton Hanson have had a troubled journey to get to the final, while Kazimir Crossley and Josh Denzel have had a fairy tale love story to date, and can boast the support of the boxing superstar Anthony Joshua. The newest couple in the final is Scottish airhostess Laura Anderson and carpenter-turned-model Paul Knops, who have been only been coupled up for a few weeks.
What do the Winners Get?
The couple that wins will have a hard decision on whether to share the £50,000 prize, or try and take it for themselves. As well as the potential money, contestants all gain overnight fame, with their follower counts on social media sky-rocketing as the series goes on.
The Best Moments
If you’ve missed the series but don’t want to watch all 56 episodes, not including the Hotlist and Aftersun, then we’ve compiled a list of the five best moments from this series!
- Hayley Hughes discusses Brexit: The Liverpudlian comically misunderstands Brexit, thinking it’s all about trees. She has since gone on to be interviewed by Piers Morgan and Nigel Farage on the subject.
- Josh recouples with Kazimir: Josh dumps his loyal girlfriend Georgia Steel in brutal fashion for make-up artist Kaz.
- Dr Alex drops his baby: The unlucky-in-love Dr Alex George drops his plastic baby while drag racing with prams against Jack Fincham and his child.
- The first recoupling: Geordie womaniser Adam Collard had a big decision on his hands, and chose Welsh solicitor Rosie Williams over Blackpool girl Kendall-Rae Knight, meaing Knight had to pack her bags and leave the villa after a week.
- Georgia and Sam leave the villa together: Despite being forced to break up, Georgia and Sam Bird showed their love for each other as they left the villa as a couple instead of coupling up with other islanders.
The Final will air on ITV2 tonight at 9PM and all previous episodes are on the ITV Hub.