Credit: Baking with Trex
Wasn’t the first night of Bake Off a great success! Try our super little biscuits for a great treat!
Bake time: 12min
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Fan Oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets with a little Trex.
- Beat the Trex, butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Do this by hand with a wooden spoon, or use a hand-held electric mixer. Stir in the golden syrup and beaten egg, beating well until the mixture is smooth.
- Sift in the flour, ginger and baking powder, then stir them into the mixture to give a smooth dough.
- Dust a work surface with a little flour, then roll out the dough thinly to a thickness of about 3mm (1/8th inch). Use a gingerbread man cutter to cut out the biscuits, re-rolling the dough as necessary. Place about 4 men on each baking tray, allowing room for them to spread a little.
- Press currants into the biscuits to form eyes and noses. Bake for 10-12min, until golden brown. Cool for a few moments on the tray, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Bake the remaining biscuits as before.
- When cool, pipe a little icing onto each gingerbread man for the mouths and buttons then place the sweets on top.