Conjure up these SKIPPY® Peanut Butter Spooky Cookies with your little ghouls and goblins, guaranteed to treat and not trick your Hallowe’en guests!
Makes: 66 cookies
- Heat oven to 180°C, Fan Oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat together peanut butter and margarine with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in granulated and brown sugars, then eggs and vanilla until blended. Beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased baking sheets, arrange cookies 2 inches apart. Bake for 12min or until lightly golden. If decorating like spiders, remove to cool on baking sheets for 2-3 min.
- Gently press mini chocolate button or chunk into top of each cookie while still warm. When chocolate starts to melt, attach thin pretzel “legs” by placing end of pretzel into melted chocolate. Cool completely then attach mini coated candy pieces for “eyes” and mini sugar pearls or icing gel for “pupils”. Assemble with peanut butter, or a small amount of icing or melted chocolate.