Cancer Research UK is challenging the nation this November to go vegetarian or vegan for the month in a bid to raise money for the charity – dubbed the Veg Pledge! Whether you are taking part or not, this veggie twist on a Mexican favourite will hit the spot!
Preparation time: 50min
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the California walnuts, cauliflower, mushrooms and onion into a food processor. Blend until the mixture is finely chopped, resembling the texture of ground meat.
- Transfer this mixture to a large frying pan and add the smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, chillies and 120ml of the enchilada sauce. Cook over medium-high heat for around 10min, or until the vegetables are tender and any liquid in the pan has evaporated.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for another 1-2min, until wilted.
- Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce evenly onto the bottom of a baking dish.
- Spoon the mixture into each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in the tray. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce evenly over the top.
- Top with cheese (optional), cover with foil and bake for 20-30min, until heated through and the edges are slightly crispy.
- Serve immediately, garnished with the chopped onion and coriander, if using.