Grilled grapefruit becomes so much more exciting – and nutritious – with this simple, tasty breakfast recipe. Double or triple quantities of the granola and make enough for a few days – it will keep well in a sealed container.
Preparation time: 30min
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix together the Flahavan’s Organic Jumbo Oats and pecans, then add in the ginger preserve ensuring that the oats and pecans are evenly coated.
- Tip the mixture onto a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20min or until golden brown. Once baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut each grapefruit in half. Then, using a sharp, serrated knife cut the grapefruit flesh away from the peel. Once removed, the grapefruit peel can be discarded.
- Sprinkle each grapefruit half with 1/2tsp ginger and 1tsp honey. Then place under a hot grill for 5min or until lightly caramelised.
- To serve, top each caramelised grapefruit half with a dollop of Greek yogurt, a handful of granola and an extra drizzle of ginger preserve.