Fragrant, exotic and so easy to make, this is a deliciously different lamb roast! There are more wonderful flavours in the Tracklements range.
- Preheat oven to 160°C/ gas mark 3.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Tracklements Zingy Rosemary Jelly, cumin, garlic, lemon juice and zest to make a glaze.
- Throw the sliced onion into the base of a deep-sided roasting tray. Lightly score the lamb and season generously. Place the lamb on top of the onions.
- Pour the glaze over the lamb and give it a little rub to get the glaze into the scored meat. Add 200ml water to the base of the tray. Cover the lamb/tray in silver foil.
- Roast the lamb for 3hrs before removing the foil and continue roasting for a further 20-30min or until the lamb has a good colour. Remove any excess fat from the tray and then pour the juices over the lamb.
- Stir a tablespoon of Tracklements Zing Rosemary Jelly until loose, then mix into the yogurt.
- Shred the Persian lamb with two forks. Serve with flat breads and pomegranate seeds, and drizzled with the rosemary yogurt.