Gluten-free and vegan, this tasty asparagus, pea and mint tart is full of healthy wholefood ingredients. With hints of lemon, garlic and walnut, creamy cashews, delicate asparagus and mint, it’s a symphony of flavours too!
Preparation time: 25min
Cooking time: 45min
To make the base
- Firstly add the walnuts to a mini chopper or blender and blitz until you get a fine meal.
- Make the flax “egg” by mixing the ground flax and water in a bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- Grease a round loose-bottomed pie pan with oil.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine. Then add in the oil, almond milk and flax egg. Mix thoroughly to form a dough.
- Transfer the dough to the tart pan and use your fingers to press into the bottom and up the sides. Poke a few holes with a fork across the bottom.
- Bake on Gas mark 4 for 10min. Remove from the oven.
To make the filling
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor then blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Layer the filling mix across the bottom of the tart, then top with the asparagus. Press in a little, then add some peas.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Return to the oven and bake for 35min. Allow to cool before removing the pan.
- Remove your asparagus, pea and mint tart from the pan, sprinkle on fresh mint leaves and serve.