Unexpected visitors – or do you just crave a quick, healthy snack? For a simple, refreshing spread that looks really impressive, try these lovely crispbread toppings. As a bonus, two are vegan-friendly (though check your crispbreads) and all are vegetarian.
Find brilliant ideas for summery sandwiches in My Weekly latest issue, July 9.
Preparation time: 15min
Cooking time: none
- Drain the cans of pineapple, mandarins and peaches thoroughly.
- Spread 2 crispbreads generously with peanut butter, another 2 crispbreads with houmous and 2 more crispbreads with soft cheese.
- Top the peanut butter with pineapple chunks and garnish with mint sprigs, if using.
- Next, top the houmous with cucumber slices and mandarin segments as shown in the photograph.
- Finally, top the soft cheese with peach slices.
- Arrange the crispbreads on a serving platter or board, and serve at once – preferably outside in the sunshine!
- Serve any excess fruit alongside, or cover and refrigerate (transfer from the tins first) and use later.
- Why not try different varieties of crispbread, such as sesame seed, wholegrain or dark rye?
- Use these crispbread toppings as a starting point and add in your favourite ingredients, such as ham or olives.