Family-owned Irish luxury chocolate brand Butlers has transformed the brownie into a sumptuous double-layered super-chocolatey delight!
Preparation time: 25min
Cooking time: 45min
Makes: 24 squares
- Preheat oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm deep baking dish.
For the cookie layer
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until creamy. Add the egg; beat until light and creamy, about 2min.
- In another clean bowl, whisk together sieved flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Gradually stir flour mixture into the butter mixture until the dough is combined.
- Stir the roughly chopped Butlers 40% milk chocolate into the dough. Spread the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and cover completely.
For the brownie layer
- Melt the butter and chocolate on a low heat.
- Hand whisk the sugar and eggs until well combined and pale in colour. When the chocolate mixture has cooled, add to the sugar and egg mixture and stir together.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and then mix all of the ingredients together. Pour over the cookie base.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35min, until a skewer inserted into the centre of the Brookies mixture comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.