The Rice Association is inviting you to Rice Up Your Life for National Rice Week (September 16-22). With so many different kinds to choose from, this delicious risotto is one of the many ways to enjoy this nutritious, versatile grain.
Preparation time: 25min
Cooking time: 30-35min
- Preheat the oven to 160C, gas mark 3.
- Soak the dried porcini mushrooms in 400ml boiling water for 15min, drain – reserving the juice – and chop.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and fry the shallots, garlic and both types of mushroom for 3-4 min. Add the rice and stir to coat in the buttery juices. Stir in the sherry and reduce by half, then add the stock and reserved porcini liquid.
- Bring to the boil and transfer to a casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 30-35min until the rice is tender, but there is still some free sauce.
- Serve scattered with cheese and parsley.
Cook’s tip: Try adding some diced chorizo for extra flavour.