MasterChef favourite Lisa shares a delicious key lime pie with a passionfruit twist that will put a tingle in your tastebuds. Lisa says, “I love this dessert. It’s super-quick to make and delicious! Bacofoil® Non-Stick Baking Paper, with its unique dimpled surface, ensures the pie lifts straight off, looking beautiful.”
Preparation Time: 25min
Cooking Time: 30min + cooling
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the base of a 23cm loose bottom tart tin with Bacofoil® Non-Stick Baking Paper (this will ensure the pie won’t stick).
- Place the biscuits in a Bacofoil® All Purpose Zipper Bag and seal. With a rolling pin, crush the biscuits until you have fine breadcrumbs
- Melt butter in a pan. Add the crushed biscuits and mix together, then press the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake in the oven for 10min.
- Whisk egg yolks and lime zest together until yolks are pale and thick. Whisk in the condensed milk for a further few min, then whisk in the lime juice. Lastly, add the passion fruit and stir. Pour the mixture onto the cooked biscuit base. Bake for 15-20min until just set.
- Let the key lime pie cool, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Decorate with lime pieces if you wish.