An Italian classic made easy with canned ingredients, these mouthwatering baked meatballs are made with a tasty canned tomato sauce. They’re perfect for freezing and saving for a midweek dinner or when you need a hearty lunch in a hurry.
Preparation time: 10min
Cooking time: 40min
- Preheat the oven to 180C. In a large mixing bowl, put in the mince, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Using your hands, work the ingredients together – the mince should be smooth and the mixture should hold together easily. Roll them into good sized meatballs and put to one side.
- In an ovenproof dish add the stock, soup and chopped tomatoes and mix well with a spoon.
- Place your meatballs on top of the sauce so they are just sticking out of the top. Sprinkle with the cheese and lay slices of mozzarella on the top.
- Bake in the oven for 40min until golden and bubbling.
- Sprinkle on a handful of parsley and serve.