Top food influencer Bintu Hardy from Recipes from a Pantry and Influencer Matchmaker brings us this colourful dish containing two orange vegetables which when eaten is converted into vitamin A – great for your immune system this winter. It’s vegan and gluten free, too!
Preperation time: 5min
Cooking time: 22min
- Heat some olive oil in a pot and fry the onions for about 6min till soft.
- Add in the ginger, garlic, Chinese five spice, carrots and sweet potato and stir for 2min until flavours develop.
- Add in the stock, chilli, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10min until the sweet potato and carrots are soft.
- Switch off heat, allow the soup to cool and then purée with a hand blender before adjusting the seasoning.
- Warm soup thoroughly and garnish before serving, if desired.