A rich and satisfying dish for winter made with Tarantella Tomatoes
Cooking time: 3hr 5min
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a casserole dish and heat gently. Add the onions and garlic and sweat for 5min until golden.
- Arrange the lamb shanks on top of the onions and brown on all sides for 5min.
- Pour the wine, balsamic vinegar and olive oil over the browned lamb. Add the lemon quarters, then pour the Tarantella Tomatoes over everything and season.
- Add the basil, then cover and place in the oven. Cook for 2 hours covered, then remove the lid for the last hour. Serve straight from the casserole with the reduced syrupy juices poured over the shanks as gravy.