Try this tasty dish that not only saves leftover veg from the bin, but shows what your microwave can be capable of!
If you have only a small amount of leftover veg, add in some fresh veg from those listed and cook for the full 25min, adding the leftovers for the last 10min.
- Chop any uncooked vegetables you are using into small, even chunks about 3cm. Place in a glass dish and drizzle with oil.
- Cook on CONVECTION 220◦C + GRILL 2 + SIMMER MICROWAVE for 15min. Stir once during cooking.
- Add vegetables that are already cooked and cook for 10min more.
- Place the pasta in a large glass bowl and add 1 pint of boiling water. Cover and cook in the microwave for 12min on HIGH.
- Drain pasta and transfer to a microwave-safe ceramic dish.
- Mix the roasted vegetables and pasta sauce together and add to the pasta.
- Thinly slice the mozzarella balls and lay them over the pasta. Top with the grated Cheddar.
- Cook on CONVECTION 190◦C + GRILL 2 + SIMMER MICROWAVE for 15-18min or until golden.
- Garnish with basil leaves before serving.