An easy and elegant breakfast, brunch or lunch option. When you want to impress. Multiply the quantities as needed.
Preparation time: 10min
Cooking time: 20min
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut the pastry in half, into two almost square shapes. Make a frame out of one of the squares, cutting out a small square in the middle of it and removing it gently. Place ‘the frame’ on top of the full square and press with your fingers.
- Spread the pesto over the centre of the pastry (leaving the pastry frame not covered), place the asparagus on one side, prosciutto on the other and crumble the feta over the top and bottom from the centre. Leave the space in the middle empty – that will be where you place your British Lion egg.
- Brush the pastry frame with the egg yolk.
- Put the pastry on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-15min, until puffed and the edges start to brown.
- Take it out of the oven and crack the British Lion egg into the centre. Put the tray back in the oven and cook for another 5min, until the egg white is set.
- Serve straight from the oven with a side of green salad or sprinkling of seeds.