Easy to make, this layered yogurt frozen dessert makes a great cooler on a hot day. Make it vegan by using plant-based yogurt and maple syrup instead of honey.
Preparation time: 30min
Freezing time: 8hrs
- Line a 900g loaf tin with cling film or baking parchment. Place the strawberries in a blender, food processor or use a hand held stick blender and blend to a pulp. If you don’t have either then mash to a rough paste.
- Stir in 75g yogurt, the orange zest and 25g honey. Pour into the base of the tin. Freeze for 2 hours until almost solid.
- Blend the blackberries with the vanilla extract until smooth. If you like, you can sieve this mixture to remove the pips. Stir in 75g yogurt and 25g honey. Pour over the strawberry layer and freeze for 2 hours.
- Repeat with the raspberries, sieving to remove pips if you like. Stir in the yogurt and honey. Pour over the blackberry layer and freeze for 2 hours.
- For the final layer, blend the blueberries with the mint, stir in the yogurt and honey and pour over the raspberry layer. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Serve the layered loaf in slices with extra berries and mint sprigs.
Remove from the freezer 5min before serving to make slicing easier. If you’re not eating the whole thing straight away, store slices individually wrapped in cling film so that you can easily eat one portion at a time.
You can use golden syrup instead of honey. Any type of yogurt will work, though fat-free and flavoured yogurts are usually sweetened, so taste before adding too much honey or syrup.