Tarantella, the experts in organic tomato-based ingredients, share a curry recipe that’s sure to become a family favourite!
Cooking time: 50min
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, Gas Mark 5.
- Melt a few tablespoons of butter in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic and cook slowly and gently until the onion caramelises to a dark brown. It should take around 15min.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a saucepan over a medium-high heat, along with the Tarantella tomatoes, cream, salt, cayenne pepper and garam masala. Bring these ingredients to simmer, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for a further 30min, stirring occasionally. Stir in the caramelised onions towards the end.
- While the sauce is simmering, toss the cubed chicken breast in the vegetable oil until well coated, then season with the tandoori masala and spread evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken cubes in the oven for about 12-15min. When cooked through, add the cooked spiced chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5min.
- Serve with plain boiled basmati rice and naan bread.