This Aldi recipe is a summer classic and everything you could want a dessert to be! On top of the crumbly biscuit base is a berry-filled sweet and fluffy layer, made with a dash of irresistible Ballycastle Strawberries and Cream Liqueur (Aldi, £4.99)
Preparation time: 15min
Setting time: 20min
- Line the base and sides of a loaf tin with some tin foil.
- Break up the biscuits and put into a food processor and turn into fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter and mix in with the crumbs, use this to line the base of the tin and then put in the refrigerator to set.
- While this is setting, dissolve the jelly in 125ml boiling water. Once dissolved add the soft cheese, the Strawberries and Cream Liqueur and whisk well to combine. Allow to cool.
- Whisk the cream until thick and fold this into the cheese mix, adding sliced fruit. Leave 30g of each for topping.
- Pour into the prepared tin and place the mixture back in the fridge until set, for about 20min.
- For the topping, scatter the remaining sliced strawberries, raspberries and blueberries over the cheesecake.
- Finish with an extra drizzle of the liqueur for an extra creamy kick!