If you’re a newly fledged lockdown baker – or if you’re a bit anxious about giving baking a go – then this recipe is for you. Fun to make and yummy to eat, it’s bound to raise a smile!
Preparation Time: 30min + 20min proving
Cooking Time: 20-25min
- Put 30g of the vegan spread in the jug and melt in the microwave. Top up with 165ml of warm water from the tap and stir in the yeast with the spoon.
- Combine the flour and 30g of light brown sugar in the large mixing bowl and pour in the yeast/water/butter mixture. Bring together to form a dough with your hands.
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5min, return to the mixing bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave to prove for 20min. After 10min, preheat the oven to 185°C (fan) and grease the loaf tin with vegan spread.
- After the dough has proved for 20min, tip it onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out into a 30cm x 30cm square. Spread the remaining 30g of vegan spread evenly over the dough with the back of the spoon, then sprinkle with the cinnamon and remaining 60g light brown sugar. Roll up the dough into a sausage shape.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces (5cm each) and place into the greased loaf tin, spirals facing up. Bake for 20-25min, turning the tin in the oven after 10min.
- Rinse the jug, measure 35ml cold tap water and mix in the icing sugar to make a glaze. Once the loaf has finished baking, allow it to cool slightly before removing from the tin and drizzling with the glaze. Tear apart and enjoy!