Credit: California Walnuts
The mild and creamy flavour and unique nutrition benefits of California Walnuts makes them a must-have for shopping lists this Christmas. Walnuts are the only tree nut to contain a rich source of plant-based omega-3, and one handful offers an amazing 4.4g of protein and 1.4g of fibre. #ChristmasCracked!
Preparation Time: 20min plus chilling
Cooking time: 1½ hrs
- Preheat the oven to 140ºC, gas mark 1. Grease and base line a 21cm springform tin.
- For the base, blitz the biscuits and walnuts in a food processor until fine. Stir in the melted butter. Press into the base and up the sides of the prepared tin, then chill.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the cornflour and the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the mincemeat, mixed spice, walnuts and the soured cream. Pour the mixture into the biscuit base and scatter over the remaining walnut halves.
- Place the tin on a baking sheet. Bake for 1½ hours or until there is just a slight wobble.
- Allow to cool before chilling in the fridge for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- Try using gingernuts instead of digestives.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup.