A simple yet deliciously different cake recipe, with juicy chunks of tangy Jazz apple and a rich, dark undertone of rum.
Preparation Time: 10min
Cooking Time: 40min
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease a 23cm cake tin.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a mixer or food processor, cream the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy before adding the eggs, one at a time. Make sure you scrape down the sides of the bowl so it is thoroughly mixed and combined.
- Add the vanilla and rum and mix.
- Add half the flour mixture and mix on a low speed until just combined. Scrape the sides, then add the other half and mix again.
- Gently fold the JAZZ™ Apples into the mixture.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared tin and even the top.
- Bake for about 40min, or until the cake is golden. Test with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool on a rack and give it a dusting of icing sugar.
- It can be served warm or at room temperature, on its own or with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.