Tasty, comforting and full of vegetables, this is a wonderful family meal celebrating a great staple ingredient! Click here for a chance to win some great SPAM 80th anniversary goodies.
Preparation Time: 15min
Cooking Time: 50min
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/170ºC Fan.
- Heat the butter in a sturdy frying pan and fry the leeks, without colouring for 5min.
- Sprinkle over the flour and cook, stirring all the time for a further 2min.
- Add the chicken stock gradually, stirring well and bring to a simmer, cook for about 5min until lightly thickened.
- Add the mushrooms and the cream cheese and stir until the cheese has melted. Add a dash of water if the sauce is a little thick.
- Add the cubed SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham to the pan with the chopped parsley, stir well into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a shallow 1-litre ovenproof pie dish and leave to cool.
- Brush the edge of the pie dish with olive oil. Unroll the filo pastry and lay a sheet of pastry over the pie dish.
- Brush with olive oil, then repeat with the other two sheets. Scrunch up the overhanging pastry, and fold onto the pie’s surface.
- Brush with remaining olive oil or a little melted butter and Bake approximately 30-35min until golden.
- Serve with green vegetables.