Batch cook this tasty salmon quiche from Princes and you will be all prepped for nutritious lunches for the week!
Preparation Time: 25min
Cooking Time: 35min
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Rub in the butter and vegetable fat until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Add 2-3tbsp cold water to make a soft (not sticky) dough. Knead lightly until smooth. Wrap and chill for 10min.
- Drain the salmon, break into chunks and set aside. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Gently fry the spring onions and asparagus for 5min. Cool.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 20cm flan tin. Line with crumpled foil and bake ‘blind’ (ie. without a filling) for 15min. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark
- Remove the foil and fill the flan with the salmon chunks, spring onions and asparagus.
- Beat the eggs and crème fraiche together, season, then pour into the pastry case. Bake for 30-35min until set. Serve your salmon quiche warm or cold.