A gorgeous lunch dish to serve up on a special occasion – you could even treat Dad to this on Father’s Day!
Preparation and cooking time: 4hr 20min (plus overnight marinating)
- In a small saucepan, small enough for the beef to be covered in juices, marinade the beef overnight in the beer, honey and garlic.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 120°C, Gas Mark ¼. Cover the saucepan with beef and place in oven. Braise for around 3-4hr until cooked and very tender.
- Carefully transfer the beef to a bowl, strain the cooking liquor to a pan and reduce to a glaze. With two forks pull the brisket apart and pour in the glaze and fold in. Test for seasoning.
- In a large bowl mix the cheese, buttermilk, vinegar, garlic powder and pepper until smooth. Add the cabbage, carrot and red onion and stir to combine.
- To serve, gently warm each tortilla in a large skillet. Into each tortilla lay in 2 leaves baby gem lettuce, spoon in the slaw and then top with brisket. Drizzle over the Rich & Fruity Sauce then sprinkle with sliced jalapenos. Fold in the bottom, then fold in the sides, wrap in foil and serve warm.