This dessert is topped with Zespri SunGold kiwifruit – looks so good, tastes even better!
Preparation time: 40min
Cooking time: 30min
- For the base, melt the butter in a pan on low heat and crush the biscuits. Mix together, spread across a tart tin and refrigerate.
- Start making a kiwi custard. Use a blender to create a smooth kiwi puree with lemon juice and sugar. Whisk together the eggs and egg yolks in a small bowl.
- Add the mixture to a medium-sized pan. Put the heat on low and make sure the mixture doesn’t come to a boil. Stiring continuously combine the flour with the milk until you’ve reached a smooth mixture. Keep on a low heat.
- Divide the butter into small cubes and add them little by little to the mixture. Keep on stirring to prevent it from burning and let it simmer for about 10-15min, until the butter has melted and the custard has thickened.
- Let the custard cool for 10min then pour over the biscuit base and refrigerate for a further 30min.
- Meanwhile whip the cream and thinly slice the kiwis to decorate.
- Remove the tart from the fridge and roughly spread the whipped cream over the surface, followed by the sliced kiwis.
- Serve immediately.