This is a fabulous winter dish that just happens to be vegan. Serve as part of a Christmas spread along with other dishes, or as a vegan main dish.
Very large pumpkins tend to be full of water and have little flavour. Go for smaller, drier varieties, and don’t forget to add delicious fresh cherries.
Preparation Time: 15min
Cooking Time: 33min
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Carefully slice the pumpkin into small wedges. To do this safely, cut the bottom off so that you have something stable to rest on and use the sharpest knife you have. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Roast in the oven for 30min until soft and starting to brown at the edges.
- Place half the cherries on a separate baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Roast in the same oven for 15min.
- Cook the grains according to the packet instructions.
- To make the dressing, slice the chilli very thinly and place in a small pan along with the honey and vinegar. Bring to the boil then simmer until you have a light, syrupy dressing, around 3min.
- To assemble, roughly tear the radicchio leaves and place in a large bowl along with the grains, parsley, roasted cherries, 2tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine and tip onto a serving plate. Add the roasted pumpkin on top and finish with a scattering of the remaining fresh cherries.