What could be nicer than a warming and hearty bowl of soup after a winter walk? Simply serve with crusty bread for a delicious lunch…
Cooking time: 25min
- Roughly chop carrots, onion, celery and potatoes into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add all the vegetables and the garlic, then cook over a high heat for 5min until softened.
- Stir in the double concentrate tomato purée, vegetable stock and 1 carton of chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer, covered, for 10min.
- Break the spaghetti into short lengths and add to the pan.
- Add the cannellini beans, then cook for a further 10min, adding shredded cabbage for the final 2min.
- Season to taste and serve topped with Parmesan cheese, with crusty bread on the side.