Tangy and tasty gin and tonic fish goujons, with a side of Tyrrells sea salt & cider vinegar crisps – newspaper optional! Impossible to serve without smiling.
Preparation Time: 10min
Cooking Time: 12min+30min chilling
- To make the batter, put the flour into a bowl and mix in the baking powder and salt. Pour in the gin and half the tonic water, whisking for as little a time as possible. It doesn’t matter if the batter is slightly lumpy, it’s more important the mixture stays bubbly.
- Chill the batter for 30min, then whisk in the remaining tonic water.
- Next prepare the fish. Cut each fillet in half lengthways along the line of the backbone, then cut each piece on the diagonal into 3 long strips or goujons. Season with salt, then coat the goujons in the batter.
- Heat the oil in a pan to 190°C/170°C/Gas 5. Fry the goujons in batches for 3-4min. You’ll know they’re cooked when they float to the top and are golden brown.
- Garnish with tyrrelbly tasty Tyrrells sea salt & cider vinegar crisps.