For tea lovers, these pancakes are rich and fresh at the same time. A combination of tropical and Japanese flavours from British Lion Eggs.
Preparation time: 10min
Cooking time: 15min
- Start with making the pancake batter. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, matcha powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together butter, eggs, milk and colouring (if using). Gradually pour the wet ingredients over the dry and whisk until the batter is smooth and there are no lumps of flour.
- Warm up a teaspoon of oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat. When the oil is hot pour 2tbsp of batter into the centre of the pan and shape with the back of the spoon into a round disc. Cook for 2min on first side, then flip and cook for another 2min until the pancake is golden brown. Transfer onto a cooling rack and cook the rest of the mixture.
- In a small bowl, whip the double cream to a stiff peak consistency. Gently fold the yoghurt into the cream.
- To serve, stack the pancakes, top them with coconut cream and fresh raspberries. Drizzle the raspberry coulis, if using, over the stack.
Find more scrumptious recipes – often healthy, sometimes indulgent! – every week in My Weekly magazine. Available from newsagents and supermarkets, or subscribe for a great saving.
Discover our best pancake buys from tasty toppings to crepe machines.
We also have extra special pancake recipes – all in our perfect Pancake Guide!