Credit: Wing Yip
Preparation Time: 20min
Cooking Time: 30min +15min chilling + 45min cooling
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- For the pastry: Rub together the plain flour, salt and dairy-free spread until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add 1tbsp cold water at a time and bring the pastry dough together until it forms a smooth dough and shape into a ball. Wrap with cling film and refrigerate for 10-15min.
- When the pastry has chilled, roll out into a circle or rectangle depending on the shape of your tin, to ½cm thickness. Carefully line your tin with the pastry, pressing into the corners. Trim any excess pastry along the top.
- Line the pastry with parchment and fill with baking beans. Blind bake for 15min, or until the pastry is firm. Remove the parchment with the baking beans and cook for a further 5-7min until golden brown.
- Cool the pastry case on a wire rack completely before continuing.
- When the case is completely cooled, gently cover the bottom with the caramel sauce.
- Melt the dark chocolate and evaporated milk together, either in the microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of gently boiling water. Mix until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Gently spread the warm mixture over the caramel base.
- Melt the white chocolate. Drizzle over the dark chocolate with a spoon and then using a cocktail stick, swirl the white chocolate to create a marble effect.
- Let the tart cool at room temperature for 15-20min to allow the chocolate filling to firm up before serving.