We just had to share this biscuit recipe from My Weekly’s home economist Kathryn Hawkins – maybe you can bake some to fund raise in your local area?
Cooking time: 25min
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking parchment. Beat the butter and sugar together until soft and creamy. Stir in the lemon.
- Add the flour, mix well and then bring together with your hands to form a firm dough. Turn on to a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
- Roll out the mixture to a thickness of ½ cm and cut out 16 hearts using an 8cm cutter, re-rolling as necessary. Transfer to the baking trays and chill for 30min.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Fan Oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Bake for about 25min until lightly golden. Cool for 10 min then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Roll out the yellow and blue icings thinly and cut 8 hearts from each. Cut each in half and stick to the biscuits using a little honey. Leave to dry for 1-2hr before serving.