Rich and creamy, yet delightfully fresh, this Pea & Mint Risotto is perfect for a starter or a main course for two. Just right for springtime entertaining…
Cooking time: 30-35min
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion and cook for 3min until soft.
- Stir the rice into the onions to coat the grains in butter and cook for 1min more.
- Start adding the stock a ladleful at a time, stirring often, only adding more once the liquid has been absorbed by the rice (this should take about 20min).
- If the rice is still a little hard – just add a touch more stock.
- As the rice becomes plump and tender, about 5min before the end of cooking, stir in the peas, Traditional Mint Sauce and the Parmesan (and an extra knob of butter if you’re feeling indulgent).
- Season to taste and serve with more grated Parmesan and a rocket salad.
Tracklements Apple & Sage Jelly RRP £3.75 for 250g and Tracklements Traditional Mint Sauce RRP £2.85 for 150g is available from fine food delis and farm shops nationwide and online at www.tracklements.co.uk. Lovely accompaniments when hosting this Easter.