A teatime or picnic staple, and a novel flavour combination! Try these wonderfully simple scones with blueberries… and bacon
PREPARATION TIME: 25min
COOKING TIME: 30min
- Preheat oven to 220°C/ gas mark 7.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl before adding the Trex. Rub together until the mix looks like crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the milk and oil before adding it to the dry mixture. Stir until moistened and add blueberries and (cooked) bacon.
- Sprinkle flour on to the surface, and knead the dough. Pat into a round until roughly 4cm deep. Take a round cutter, cutting out scones.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and milk, then use a pastry brush to brush over the scones. Bake at 220°C for 15min until golden brown.