Prepare for a flavour explosion! Fairly traded, ethically sourced baking brand Food Thoughts has collaborated with Luce Hosier (@whatluceeats) on this delicious recipe.
Preparation Time: 20min
Cooking Time: 45min
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and scatter the butternut squash chunks onto a baking tray. Drizzle with 1tbsp oil, season with salt and roast in the oven for 25min.
- Meanwhile heat a large pan on a medium heat. Add the other 1tbsp oil with the diced onion, carrot and celery.
- Cook for 8min stirring frequently before adding the garlic, smoked paprika, chilli powder, oregano, cumin and tomato purée.
- Combine, ensuring the veg is evenly coated in the spices, before adding the kidney and black beans, chopped tomatoes, salt and then cocoa powder.
- Simmer, stirring often, before stirring through the roasted butternut squash chunks. Add 2tbsp water to loosen the chilli before simmering for a further 5min.
- Serve with rice, crumbled feta, avocado chunks, sliced spring onions and coriander.