The shops will soon be full of Hallowe’en pumpkins, but if you’re not Trick or Treating, you can still use this versatile ingredient in your cooking. This pasta dish is hearty and healthy and perfect for autumn…
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Fan Oven 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Peel, deseed and roughly chop the pumpkin into 2.5cm cubes. Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper with the onion petals and roast in the oven for 25–30 minutes until soft and slightly caramelised.
- Tear the curly kale into smaller pieces, trimming any tough stalks, and add to the roasting tray with the garlic after 20 minutes.
- Cook the fusilli in salted boiling water until al dente, according the packet instructions.
- In a hot, dry frying pan, toast the flaked almonds until golden brown.
- Once all the elements are cooked and warm, mix the pasta with the roasted vegetables.
- Scatter over the toasted almonds and crumble feta cheese over the top. Serve immediately with green salad and crusty bread.