Delicious pancake treats from British Lion Eggs. They are egg-xtra delicous!
- In a large jug, gently whisk together all pancake ingredients until smooth. Leave to stand for 10min.
- Heat a medium (20cm) frying pan over a medium heat and brush with oil. Pour in about 5tbsp pancake batter and swirl to coat the base. Cook for about a minute until deep golden, flip or turn and cook for a further 30sec. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 8 pancakes in total.
- Melt about a third of the butter in a large non-stick frying pan, add pecans and cook over a medium-high heat for 2min, add 1tbsp of sugar and the salt and toss to coat. Cook for a further minute before transferring to a plate.
- Wipe pan clean and return to the heat. Add the remaining butter and pears and fry for 4-5min until deep golden, add remaining sugar, toss and cook for a further minute.
- Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate, milk and vanilla together until smooth.
- Spoon the pears and pecans into the pancakes and drizzle with the hot sauce. Serve with ice cream, if you wish!