Something home-made with delicious pastry and a lovely meaty filling – they don’t make them like this any more, but you could have a go, and make a tasty treat for a snack when out shopping this weekend!
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6 / 200C
- Place the potatoes and carrots in a pan of water and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until they start to soften. Drain and set to one side.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little vegetable oil until translucent.
- Add the corned beef to the onion and garlic and mix in.
- Add the cooked potato, carrots and sweetcorn. Stir and cook until the corned beef cubes break up a little, but do try and keep some texture. Season to taste.
- Unroll the pastry if using ready roll, or roll out on a floured work top to the thickness of a pound coin. Use a side plate or saucer to cut out six 7 in/18 cm circles.
- Spoon the mix onto the pastry, brush around the edge of the pastry with the beaten egg, fold up the edges and pinch together. Then use your fingers to crimp.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 30 – 35 minutes until golden brown.