Perfect for your Easter celebrations!
- Sift the flour and salt together in a large bowl. Rub in the Trex and then stir in the sugar and easy-blend yeast. Make a well in the centre and add the warm milk and beaten egg. Draw the flour into the egg and milk gradually, mixing well to make a smooth dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 8-10min. Place in a large lightly-oiled bowl and cover with a clean cloth. Stand in a warm place and leave to rise until doubled in size.
- Knead lightly for 1min, then roll out into a 40x23cm rectangle. Mix together all the filling ingredients and spread over the rectangle, leaving a 2cm border around the edge. From the long edge, roll the rectangle into a cylinder, pressing the edge to seal it. Form the roll into a circle, sealing the ends together.
- Lift the ring onto a greased baking sheet and then cut it into 12 even slices, without cutting right through, keeping the circular shape. Twist each slice so that the cut surface lies uppermost. Leave in a warm place for 30-40min to rise.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Fan Oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6. Bake the garland for 20-25min until risen and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- To glaze, dissolve the caster sugar in 4tbsp boiling water and simmer for 2min. Brush over the garland and leave until cold. Mix the icing sugar with a little cold water to make a thin glace icing and drizzle over the top, then sprinkle the cherries and nuts over the surface.