Ever wondered how to make fluffy pancakes? Is it done by fairy magic? Find out here!
- Whisk together the flour, 40g of the sugar, a pinch of salt and baking powder
- Heat the lime juice and remaining sugar in a frying pan over a medium-low heat, stirring often. Once the sugar has melted, add the walnuts and continue to cook until the nuts are caramelised, approx. 3–4 min. Remove from heat.
- Separate the eggs and add the egg whites to a grease-free standing mixer. Set the yolks aside. Beat the egg whites on high until soft peaks form.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and egg yolks.
- Sift in the flour mixture and mix well, making sure there are no lumps.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Grate the apple into the batter and add vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Heat some butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Spoon batter into frying pan and cook until golden brown (approx. 2–3min per side). Transfer to a plate to serve.
- To serve, top with caramelized walnuts and dried fruit drizzled with maple syrup
Chef’s Tip: These yummy pancakes were made using Microplane Master Series Coarse Grater!