Missing your fried chicken from your local fast food restaurant? How about these delicious treats which combine the thrill of a doughnut with a cheesy potato chicken filling!
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the potatoes and cook for 10 -12 minutes until tender. Drain really well and then mash. Stir in the Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo Wing Sauce, ham, onions, cheese and peas with 1 tbsp. of the flour and some salt and pepper. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Dust the work surface with some of the flour. Tip the potato mix onto the floured surface and shape into a round circle, about 10cm thick. Dust the top with more flour and cut out circles with an 8cm cutter and then cut a hole in the middle with a smaller cutter – we used a 3cm.
- Reshape the excess and cut more doughnuts. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment and chill for 20 minutes to firm up. Whilst the doughnuts chill, combine the salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Crack the egg onto a shallow plate and beat, place the breadcrumbs on another plate. Heat the oil to 170C – if using a pan do not fill more than half way up. Dip each doughnut in the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the doughnuts in batches for 2 minutes, flip them over and fry for another minute until golden all over, before scooping them out onto kitchen paper to drain. Serve whilst hot with the salsa.