Better than a takeaway – a healthy curry you can make at home!
Lean and packed with protein, chicken is extremely versatile. Chillies also carry unexpected health benefits, mainly in the form of antioxidants.
- Heat the oil up in a big pan, before throwing in the onion, garlic and tomato purée. This should be done on a medium to high heat.
- Chop 2 of the chillies up finely (keep the seeds in if you like it hot!) Add the garam masala, turmeric, cumin, and curry powder into the pan and stir. Cook for 5min.
- Once the onions have softened (don’t let them burn), add the chopped chillies and diced chicken into the pan. Allow the chicken to cook in the spices for around 5-6min.
- In the meantime, take the 2 remaining chillies and slice them vertically from top to bottom. *Note* – you only need to pierce them slightly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, pepper, whole chillies, stock cube, salt and pepper, and water. Put a lid on the pan and allow to simmer on a low heat for 20min or so.
- To serve: Stir in the Greek yogurt. This will give your curry a bit of creaminess. Sprinkle over the chopped coriander.