For British Egg Week 2017 (9– 15 October) British Lion eggs have teamed up with The Goring Hotel to share one of its famous breakfast recipes by the hotel’s Michelin-starred Executive Chef, Shay Cooper.
- Gently heat a medium pan. Add the butter until it melts and then add in the leeks. Cook the leeks until they are soft and translucent.
- Place the leeks into an individual ovenproof dish and spoon the diced smoked haddock on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make a little well in the haddock and leek mixture and crack the egg into the hole. Spoon the double cream on the top.
- Set the oven at 170°C. Place the dish into a tray of water and bake the eggs in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- To serve remove the dish from the oven, take it out of the tray of water and place it on a plate. Sprinkle it with chopped chives to finish.