Sausage rolls are the ultimate Christmas nibble, but why not try putting a twist on a festive classic with Great British Bake Off finalist Richard Burr’s spicy recipe!
- Put the sausage meat, salt, chili and sage into a bowl and zest half an orange over the mixture, mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Finely dice the red onion and soften over a low heat on the AEG MaxiSense Pure Induction Hob, in a saucepan until translucent.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll out the puff to 10x20cm.
- Shape the sausage meat into a ball and cover in flour, then roll out on the floured surface to 20cm long.
- Lay the sausage meat onto the puff and paint one edge (of the puff) with beaten egg.
- Roll the pastry over the sausage and seal onto the egg coated edge.
- Cut the sausage into 4 equal pieces and brush with beaten egg. Slash diagonally with a paring knife and bake for 20 minutes at 200°C (fan) in the AEG SteamBoost Steam Oven.
- Serve with a tasty festive chutney from your Christmas stocking!