It’s National Picnic Week (June 16-25), but forget sandwiches – these samosas are ideal served cold for lazy, sunny days…
- Mix the rice, cheese, ham, chicken and sweetcorn together in a bowl.
- Open the packet of filo pastry and cut into strips about 6cm wide and about 24cm long (the short edge of most ready-made brands is about the right length). Use a slightly damp tea towel to cover the pastry that you are not working with to keep it from drying out and cracking.
- Take one strip of filo and brush it with melted butter. Put a teaspoon of the rice mix onto the pastry, then fold the corner up – keep folding until you have a triangle shaped parcel. Add some extra melted butter to stick the flap down.
- Place the finished samosa onto a baking tray.
- Brush all the samosas with a little melted butter, turn them over and brush the other side.
- Bake at 200°C, Fan Oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6 for 15-20min until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with a dipping sauce made from natural yoghurt and sweet chilli sauce.