Delectable Le Rustique Camembert and Apple Scones are on the table in less than half an hour and are perfect when served with honey butter. Why not also serve as part of an afternoon tea or as an accompaniment to soups, stews or casseroles – or even as part of a Ploughman’s Lunch?
- To make the honey butter, beat the honey and the butter with a hand-held electric whisk until light and fluffy. Set to one side until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/450F/Gas mark 7 and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and then rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the Le Rustique Camembert and apple. Add just enough of the milk and egg mixture to make a soft dough – it should not be too sticky. Reserve the remaining milk and egg mixture for the glaze.
- Gather into a ball and place on a floured work surface. Roll out gently to a thickness of about 2cm and stamp out the scones with a 5cm scone cutter. Gather together all the offcuts and continue to stamp out scones until all the dough is used up.
- Place the scones onto the prepared baking sheet and brush them with the egg and milk mixture before scattering some poppy seeds over the top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-12min, or until they are well risen and golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes on a wire rack before serving warm with the honey butter.