A microwave pudding that only takes 25min to cook!
- Liberally butter a 2 litre pudding basin and set aside.
- Chop half the toasted almonds and hazelnuts until finely sliced, leave the rest whole. In a large mixing bowl mix the nuts, cherries, mincemeat, spices, pear and marmalade.
- Give everything a good stir, then sift in the flour and add in the eggs one by one.
- Mix in the butter, molasses, treacle, juice and zest of the orange and brandy. Gently fold everything together.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared basin. Cut a circle out of greaseproof paper and place snuggly on top of the mixture.
- Cook in the microwave on a medium heat for 20-25min or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a serving plate, top with some red currants and pour over 3 tablespoons of brandy and light at the table.
- Serve with oodles of clotted cream. Then go and have a lie down!
Energy saving top tips from British Gas Smart Meters :
It may sound unconventional, but you can cook a delicious Christmas pudding just with your microwave. It’s much faster than steaming (which can take up to ten hours) and uses just 2% of the energy – which you can check on your smart energy monitor. The result is a lighter pudding that you can drench in brandy and set on fire for a lovely centrepiece.