To help celebrate Thai New Year this week, we’ve teamed up with creators of delicious Thai sauces, The Coconut Kitchen, to bring you a Thai inspired party food recipe. The recipe also makes a great starter – 3 or 4 canapés per person arranged on a plate. We’re giving away a hamper from The Coconut Kitchen, too. Click here for the giveaway.
- Add the curry paste, oyster sauce and prawns in a frying pan on a low/medium heat.
- Fry prawns until cooked, add the chopped basil and stir and remove from heat.
- Cook the somen noodles as per packet instructions.
- Create a ring of cool somen noodles in the baby gem leaves and arrange on a serving plate, repeat for 10 canapés.
- Place the warm, cooked prawns on top of the noodles and garnish with coriander.
You can add more or less Easy Red Thai Curry Paste if you want a milder or spicier flavour – this recipe gives you a medium heat level.
This recipe also works really well with tofu, chicken or pork.
For a gluten free dish, you can use cooked thin rice noodles instead of somen noodles and add gluten free soy sauce instead of oyster sauce.