As a twist on pigs in blankets, we bring you a favourite Christmas day accompaniment with a difference…
- Preheat oven.
- Sauté the onions in oil until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and stir for 2min, then repeat with the peas for a further 2min.
- Season to taste, take off the heat and mix in a blender.
- Drop in the mint leaves and fold in the breadcrumbs.
- Form the pea mixture into 12 sausage shapes and wrap each one in bacon.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15min.
- Serve as a snack, with your turkey and trimmings or with a mixed salad.